1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox 360 live problem: can't hear the other players

Discussion in 'Games' started by shik118, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shik118

shik118 Thread Starter

Hi all,

So basically when i'm playing black ops i can never hear anyone when using their mics. In the pregame lobby i see their marker come on and then a really small cough sort of noise. I originally thought they were just coughing but often it would be very obvious that multiple people were talking for an extended time and i couldn't hear them. I have the Kinect and am currently using the free trial membership. Any ideas about what could be the problem?

Thanks

2. VistaMachine

VistaMachine

I have had that kind of problem before only using a wired mic. I have never used Kinect so have no idea how that works, you might have a bad cord connected to your xbox or controller if you are using a mic. If you are using a controller try turning your controller off, removing the battery pack and then turning the controller back on. Sometimes when you turn on your controller with a headset plugged in it will create a static noise that other players can hear, it is extremely annoying so maybe try that.

What kind of settings do you have on your account? I don't know how old you are, but if you are younger and your parents set up the account they might have put parental controls on which would only allow you to hear people who you are currently friends with or hear nobody at all. I am not sure of anything else you could do. You could try recording a voice message and sending it to one of your friends and say "if you can hear this message reply with a voice message" then when they reply if it is a voice message and you can't hear it you might have a bad mic. You might try posting this question on the official Xbox forums, they always answer my questions. If you don't get a answer that works here, but I am sure someone here will know how to fix this. By the Way welcome to the forums.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice