1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox 360 to PC Media Sharing Problem

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Mr. Freeman, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Freeman

Mr. Freeman Thread Starter

Hello. I removed my Xbox 360 device from my Windows Media Player's Media Sharing list. I had been able to stream music and video from my PC to my 360 perfectly. For an unknown reason though, it stopped working. When I would select my PC in the 360's music player app, for example, it would only "spin" indefinitely as if it were having difficulty loading or connecting. I decided to remove the 360 from the Media Sharing list and try the setup anew. Now, I am unable to make the 360 re-appear on the list.

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Pro, SP 3, 32 bit and Windows Media Player 11. I am using only the Windows Firewall, and my Windows is fully updated. My 360 is hardwired to my router and my PC is connected wirelessly to my router. This is the way my devices were connected when the streaming was working perfectly.

The Xbox site suggests I use the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 but I have exhausted myself trying to find a URL to download it from at the Microsoft site. The Media Center seems to be only available to Windows Vista, 7, and 8 or simply no longer available for XP. I really don't know and somehow am unable to find the answer to this easy question through Google.

If anyone could please provide some troubleshooting steps or any other suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice