XBox 360 VGA Cable Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

doomlord289

I am thinking of buying the XBox 360 VGA cable so I can connect my system to my computer monitor and get HD. The only problem is the audio. The VGA cable has the white and red component audio plugs, but I need to connect them to my computer speakers, which use a standard headphone jack (the kind on a set of headphones, not the hole). Does anyone know how to do this, or if it's even possible?

Also, this may belong in the hardware forum, but I thought that since it dealt with the XBox 360 it belonged with the game stuff. If this is the wrong forum, would a mod please move it?

Thank you all in advance for your help. :)

You should check out Radio Shack, or your local electronics store, they usually have adapters for pretty much everything. An RCA to headphone adapter is pretty common, I just bought one that goes from the male headphone jack and splits into the 2 male RCA jacks. What you're looking for is a female headphone jack that splits into 2 female RCA's. It shouldn't be that difficult to find one.

doomlord289

Thanks. I looked at Best Buy when I found the VGA cable, but they didn't have anything that would help. I guess I'll try Radio Shack.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online