1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xbox 360 wireless n help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by jbretth, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbretth

jbretth Thread Starter

I was wondering if anybody knew if a usb "n" network adapter for a laptop would work if plugged in to an xbox. I just got a new xbox but it only recognizes 2.4ghz frequency. Because im transmitting at b, g, and n i was trying to transmit the n at 5 ghz. Of course you can purchase the dual band wireless n adapter for around 50 bucks, and i know i can get a laptop adapter for way less. Any knoweledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Which XBOX do you have? (Original/Slim/etc) Last I knew it should be on 5Ghz.

3. jbretth

jbretth Thread Starter

i just got the new 360s, i went into microsoft technical support and they checked the specs for me...only 2.4

4. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    Hmm.. I will have to doublecheck that... but you can use a 3rd party adapter but there may be a compatibility issue. A decent wireless adapter (Cisco at el.) is about $40... Personally I would stick with the Microsoft one due to support and 100% compatibility.

5. jbretth

jbretth Thread Starter

i found some cheap wireless n adapters, you think its possible?

6. Couriant

First Name:
    James
    I'm a Playstation dude, I don't know :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice