xbox 360 wireless n help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jbretth

I was wondering if anybody knew if a usb "n" network adapter for a laptop would work if plugged in to an xbox. I just got a new xbox but it only recognizes 2.4ghz frequency. Because im transmitting at b, g, and n i was trying to transmit the n at 5 ghz. Of course you can purchase the dual band wireless n adapter for around 50 bucks, and i know i can get a laptop adapter for way less. Any knoweledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

Couriant

James
Which XBOX do you have? (Original/Slim/etc) Last I knew it should be on 5Ghz.

jbretth

i just got the new 360s, i went into microsoft technical support and they checked the specs for me...only 2.4

Couriant

James
Hmm.. I will have to doublecheck that... but you can use a 3rd party adapter but there may be a compatibility issue. A decent wireless adapter (Cisco at el.) is about $40... Personally I would stick with the Microsoft one due to support and 100% compatibility.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online