1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xbox 360s cant connet to belkin modem router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fantaalover, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fantaalover

fantaalover Thread Starter

hey, i bought my xbox360s 3 days ago, brought it home and set it up, finds my belkin surf modem router f7d2401 v1, i enter the normal passcode i have used for that past 2 years with other items such as laptops and iphones, but it cant connect?
    i think it has something to do with the i p address, its showing 0.0.0.0 when set on automatic, i then checked on the belkin setep page, and it showed the dchp was enabled? so i then got the information of the website and entered it manually but it still couldnt connect, i called both xbox and belkin and i know no more than i did before... xbox tried telling me after hours of questions and tests that it was my router, it musnt give out the 2.4gghtz needed, so i then called belkin, they also did tests and asked me questions and then told me that his computer screen is telling him the router can not connect to that xbox. why cant i connet?!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    this is a wireless connection - anyway of connecting the xbox to the router by a cable and test and see if it works that way

next would be to remove the wireless security from the belkin router and see if the xbox will now connect

next would be to try a fixed IP address in the xbox to connect to the router

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I assume they did these steps with you?

Also if possible if the router has a guest network, to save your original configuration enable the guest network as a test and set it to OPEN authentication

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!