1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox live intermittent connection issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by evol_roams, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evol_roams

evol_roams Thread Starter

Ok so my new time warner connection is fast but highly unstable. I had at&t and they only offered 3meg in my area. It was painfully slow but highly stable, It never disconnected. I have a 20meg connection from time warner now but it constantly drops, but literally only for like one second but it's enough to drop me out of game matches which has made gaming impossible cause i end up losing games and points etc......This is all while i am hardwired from the modem to the xbox (no router, no wireless)

Ive been fighting this out with time warner and they're not really doing anything but giving me price breaks.

My question so is there any device i can buy to help stabilize my connection or like that will buffer my connection forward so i dont get disconnected/drop matches ??? Are there any settings i can change ??? A specific router i should buy ???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!