XBox Live - IP Address fail

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Stealthz

I have my 360 hooked up to my router. When I test XBox Live, the test recognizes that it is wired, but fails the IP test. I've tried setting "Obtain IP addresses automatically (DHCP enabled)" and also tried setting up the Xbox IP manually with a static IP. Neither worked.

I followed the steps on Port Forward, no luck. I have the static IP as 192.168.1.146 (my computer is 136). The XBox is plugged into the #3 slot on my router. I set the DNS settings to the same as they are on my computer. Still not working. What do I need to do to get this working?

Stealthz

wk2000 said:
try a different cable, try a different port on the router.
That would effect it? The XBox recognizes that there is a connection, it just fails the IP check. I can try switching the port. Switching the cable would be a big hassle considering a I have a 100 foot cable running through walls for the connection.

I'm puzzled about the static ip address not working. Are you sure you have the ip range and the gateway address right?

Stealthz

wk2000 said:
I'm puzzled about the static ip address not working. Are you sure you have the ip range and the gateway address right?
The static Ip range on my computer is .136. I have the XBox set to .146. I have the gateways set the same.

my rule of thumb, when the obvious solutions dont work, blame the hardware. in this case I'm blaming your cable:)

well, you could always rule out the cable by moving the xbox temporarily before changing it, see if it passes the ip check when plugged into the router with a different cable, at least you could rule out the long cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online