1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox Live Opening NAT Belkin HELP!

Discussion in 'Games' started by EpicFaceO_O, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EpicFaceO_O

EpicFaceO_O Thread Starter

So I'm trying to set my NAT from moderate to open. I've already figured out how to do this and I know what ports I need to use. But, for some of the ports it says I need to chose both UDP and TCP. There is no option for that. Only one or the other. Also, what is the private IP address? Where can I find that? And what do I type in for private ports? The same numbers or do I leave it blank?

I also have another question, all of a sudden I can't connect to my friend's Xbox Live parties. It says 'Cant connect to Xbox Live Party.' this is strange because this recently just started happening and it's hardly ever happened before. When I try to join his games or when he tries to join mine we get the message 'Game session not avaliable' when he is in a party with someone else that's party leader and invites me I can connect without any problems. His NAT is set to open. I'm thinking maybe because mine is moderate it's effecting it somehow. When I check the connection on XBL it doesn't give me the NAT error message. But when I'm in a lobby on COD before I pick what I want to do at the bottom it says NAT Type: Moderate. It's hardly ever given me a problem before but I would like to set it to open now. We've both reset our routers and modems but it's still giving us this problem. And it's only with him, not any of my other friends. Any help?

2. ajkane

ajkane

Follow these steps:
    On Xbox 360:
    1) Press guide button
    2) Go to system settings
    3) Go to network settings
    4) push "x" on your network you are connected to
    5) manually assign an IP (192.168.2.xxx), Subnet mask 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway 192.168.2.1 Primary DNS 8.8.8.8 Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4
    6) save setting, but leave Xbox on

On computer:
    1) open internet browser
    2) in address bar type 192.168.2.1 (I believe that is what the default gateway is for Belkin)
    3) Go to advanced setup, then DMZ hosting (this may be wrong because I don't know your model number)
    4) Enter the IP address you manually assigned to the Xbox 360 (By the way this is a private IP, all IP addresses within your network are private, mine is 192.168.0.x
    5) Apply and close

You are done, this removes all restrictions to your Xbox 360's internet connection by creating a demilitarized zone, or DMZ host.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice