Xbox live using ICS problems...HELP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MRSA

I want to connect Xbox Live through my PC using ICS. I kept getting an error saying cable not connected even though it is!
Here is the set up -
Dell 4600 3ghz P4, 1000ram 120gb h/d
BT voyger 105 broadband modem at 2mb - This connects to the PC via a USB.
Ethernet crossover cable out of the PC networking socket to the Xbox.
I set the Broadband connection to shared. (followed instructions form the xbox live site)
The LAN icon in the networking window still says network cable disconnected. (it is DEFINITELY connected!)
What I know -
That the Xbox and Crossover Ethernet cable works! I use this at a friends house and it works directly in his modem or through a router.
I tried disabling and then enabling the LAN in the networking window. When re-Enabled it flashes up enabled/connected and then 1 second later goes back to network cable disconnected.
The Internet connection states "shared" in the networking window so I'm pretty sure i set it up right.
The xbox requires a crossover cable i know this for sure from xbox website. I have also tried with a non crossover cable just in case but that still didnt work.
I have tried every conbination of xbox on/off before/after the pc/modem.
I have searched the ISP/Xbox/microsoft websites as well as looked on xboxsolution but in vain.
Solution -
Er thats where you come in!
I know I can solve this by spending 50notes on a new modem/router but as my PC should be able to do this ICS thing I dont see why i should spend more money.....yet!
Please help!

MRSA

No idea if it working properly as this is the first time i have tried to use it.
I don't have another network card.
If this sounds like a hardware problem with my network card that come with the pc just say so! my 1yr collect and return is up next month so i must act now!

Yes its better that you do so . IT is most probably your NIC problem. Wait let me ask you does your computer have 2 nic or 1 nic.

Couriant

James
Do you have dial up? If not (that would suggest that you have broadband) get a router and hook both pc and xbox to that. You will need a straight thru on both machines.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online