xbox one optical audio dolby digital and dts bitstream

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computerpain

Hello,
I have a optical audio out running from my xbox one to my Yamaha HTR-5930 Receiver (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/197345/Yamaha-Htr-5930.html). I have fr, fl, center, sw, rr, and rl speakers connected. I have tried both dolby digital and dts bitstream audio setting on xbox one.

I am having weird sound issues with different content.

For example, when I am playing battlefield 1, all speakers are playing sound, but some explosion audio is missing. If I revert to stereo I can hear all audio.

Another example is when I watched a fight scene in the last episode of Defenders. Again, all speakers are playing, but the Wu Tang song was playing at a low frequency at an extremely low volume out of the center channel alongside perfectly playing dialogue. I switch to stereo I hear the music all the audio. Basically, I thought music was missing from the 5.1 because I heard that low frequency that sounded like a rhythm... turned to stereo and was pleased to hear wu tang.

Some content only outputs a low frequency at extremely low volume. Even if I crank it up... like the full range is not being played out of the receiver.

My receiver can handle both dolby digital and DTS... I do not understand :-(

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online