1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox One RARE problem PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Games' started by Charliie, Apr 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Charliie

Charliie Thread Starter

Hey guys I'm pretty new to this forums business so hopefully you can all understand me

So I have a xbox One, had one for a few months now, brand new and have not had any problems with it at all,
    Then all of a sudden i went to play it the other day and found that it wouldn't turn on.
    I thought it was the power brick at first so i did buy another one and had it delivered the following day.
    Tried the second power brick and still the same problem. The light on the power brick stays orange as normal when working but as soon as i push the cable end into the console the light in brick goes from orange to white and then goes out, turns off completely and no power seems to be running through anything despite the plug being on?

I have called Microsoft and all they can offer is for me to send it in for repairs and that costs around £100! I thought this was ridiculous because if spend £350 on there console let alone all the games i have and 3 headsets down the line they would have some leeway but no.
    If anyone knew of a way to fix this without sending it to Microsoft I would be very thankful as I would like to fix this myself and then carry on to help other people with this problem. Thanks guys

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

If its a few months old, take it back to where you bought it. you have an automatic guarantee- if its broken, the shop is responsible for repair/ replacement, assuming you have not modded it in any way. MS will quote an out-of-guarantee repair price.

Nothing you can do about the PSU cost unfortunately, but the box itself you can take back.

3. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

OK, there may still be a problem with the console, and you should have a warranty to cover that. you may need to do some digging and pressure the Microsoft people to honor it. did they say what the 100 was for? could be shipping back to the U.S. for repair. Few companies give free two way shipping.

Also, I may have misunderstood your explanation on the brick. It is best to have the power brick plugged into the console first, then into the power outlet. This reduces any risk of power surge that can mess up the console.
    White is the normal in use light color, Orange is the stand-by color.
    Unless somehow reversed in the UK console. IF, your console was working on orange, there may have been a problem for some time.

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Just to clarify on UK law - a warranty is automatically given with any goods sold (most stores quote 1 year but under EU law which takes precedence you actually get 2) and is between the buyer and the seller. Should there be a problem, the seller is responsible for repairing/ replacing and they will then take it up with the manufacturer. there are a few cases where this is overwritten by a direct to manufacturer guarantee, but in these cases the guarantee has effectively to be better than the base one.

Shipping may well be part of the case, although I believe that most are returned to Germany for repair. however if the goods (Xbox) are still within guarantee period, the seller is not permitted to charge for any shipping, parts, labour or any other charge they can find without very good reason.

I an guessing that US and UK law are still 2 very different animals, and for once we might just have the better one :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice