XBOX to PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

J-Son

I've been having problems connectiong.

I'm connecting so that the modem is connected by USB and the PC to the XBOX by Cat5e Cable but it still seems to be disconnected and not connect.

Does anybody know how to fix that.

EDIT: and on my XBOX in evolution x settings there is a blank beside IP

EDIT2: in the network connections setting for the connection between the xbox and pc I put allow other to connect to this comp and in settings i turned on the first three options DHCP(67), DHCP(68), and DNS

Couriant

James
I'm assuming some kind of broadband connection like DSL or Cable? You are better off getting a router so the XBOX is not dependant on the PC.

That aside, the only thing I can think of is that you need ICS to be running on the PC and double check that you have a x-over cable. I'm pretty sure that XBOX to PC is x-over.

J-Son

I Guess I'm gonna get a router

and what's ICS (I'm not pro at networking) and by x-over do you mean crossover.

Couriant

James
Yes, I meant crossover. But if you are getting a router you will need 3 straight through cables. One for the the router to modem, one each for the PC and XBOX.

Usually the router will have one cable to connect the router on the WAN to the modem. Set both XBOX and PC to Automatically Obtain IP Address.

ICS is Internet Connection Sharing. It's a pain in the a to configure and the network wizard is just as bad.

Tidus4Yuna said:
I'm assuming some kind of broadband connection like DSL or Cable? You are better off getting a router so the XBOX is not dependant on the PC.

That aside, the only thing I can think of is that you need ICS to be running on the PC and double check that you have a x-over cable. I'm pretty sure that XBOX to PC is x-over.
Yes, get a cross over cable liek the above mentioned person said. To check if its a cross-over cable hold them strait to your face the same sides up..it should go blue to brown..and then the next one brown to blue. (I believe that is how the colours go??)

J-Son

For some reason it wouldn't work with the cross over cable

but I guess I'm gonna try one more time with it before I buy a router
I'll tell you the results when I find that boot disk again cause i messed up my XBOX

J-Son said:

but I guess I'm gonna try one more time with it before I buy a router
I'll tell you the results when I find that boot disk again cause i messed up my XBOX
Where you messing with the Xbox BIOS? Becuase there is a possaiblity that you have taken away network functionality by doing so, with some other BIOS. If this si the case, I suggest you reinstall the old dashboard, and try again. Softmodding your xbox is not cool, unless you know what you're doing!

Couriant

James
J-Son said:
Then it must be a straight thru cable. I would have thought the nic on the XBOX is the same as a PC NIC...

Tidus4Yuna said:
Then it must be a straight thru cable. I would have thought the nic on the XBOX is the same as a PC NIC...
no you must use a cross-over cable..I know for a fact as I use this program quite often to play Halo 2.

J-Son

the nic on my pc is hell old
its like and or two before the xbox was even made
and its like 3-4 years older then this one

let me reinstall the dashboard and see if it works

Couriant

James
Big-E said:
no you must use a cross-over cable..I know for a fact as I use this program quite often to play Halo 2.
That's what i thought :rolleyes:

J-Son

it still won't connect to the xbox i get some limited connection on my pc and it won't connect to the xbox cause i don't see no ip address

how do you set the pc ip address i was reading something about putting it to 192.168.1.200 does anybody know how to do that or is there another way.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online