1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xbox360 elite hdmi problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by berbasgnakillya9, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. berbasgnakillya9

berbasgnakillya9 Thread Starter

Hi, im hoping ive posted this in the right place. I have recently encountered a problem with my xbox360 elite, I run it through the hdmi cable, i was playing a game when suddenly there were green fuzzy lines going accross the screen. So I made sure all the cables were in properly but the lines were still there. I next tried turning the console off then back on again, but when i did the console turned on but the screen was blank. A message read on the screen, "video not supported". Please help me!! My sky hd works fine through both hd inputs on my tv. So the problem lies with the xbox360 somewhere. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated

2. dannyn

dannyn

It almost sounds like a solder came loose inside of the xbox.
    My first response would be that you had a bad cable, beacuse that is what hdmi does is change funky colors, like a video can have red dots all in. So that why I was thinking it may be the cable, but since the cable is fine.... wait, you never said anything about testing the cable, just the hookups on the tv. Try the same thing, just with the cable and not the hookups.

3. Sub-Tract

Sub-Tract

Thats what happens when you buy microsoft, no offense.
    Try changing the config to a lower resolution say 720 instead of 1080 if its this then there is something wrong with the graphic chips, if it still happens try your cable on you HD sky. if it still happens then send your 360 back and get a new console. I suggest PS3. but up to you.

4. berbasgnakillya9

I tried using the hdmi cable with my hd sky and it works so i now know its the xbox itself. So i tried using the standard scart cable from the xbox to the tv. I had sound but no picture. So is it the graphics chip(s) or sumat like tht?? Thanks for helping

5. dannyn

dannyn

Yeah. It looks like you have a fried chip somewhere.

6. Sub-Tract

Sub-Tract

Send it back to microsoft with a letter to stop selling **** lol
    somebody needs to.

7. dannyn

dannyn

I do not think that would do any good :)
    I do think that Microsoft id trying to clean up their image with the Mojave ads, and working on another version of Windows already.
    But back on track, youll probably need to take it somewhere.

8. Sub-Tract

Sub-Tract

yeah trying to. and this new windows they're working on is just vista with like 3 extra features lol

Back on track
    i do not think it would be worth changing the chipset it would cost more then just getting a new 360

9. berbasgnakillya9

cost more!?! I planned on getting it repaired and selling it. Then get a PS3. You dont have to pay to play online, they dont have problems like the xbox does (as far as i know) and you can play blu-ray discs on it. The reason I never got one in the first place is cos there wasnt a very good range of games at the time.

10. dannyn

dannyn

I am thinking about buying a PS3 just so I can play Blu-Ray movies.

11. Sub-Tract

Sub-Tract

I don't think getting it repaired would make a difference to the price you would get for it if you're going to sell it. I think people would buy it just to repair their 360.
    I got a PS3 in June this year.
    My Opinion GREAT. Just annoying that all the updates are compulsory lol
    If you have the money get it you'll be glad you did. and the games range is massive compared to what it was. i think by mid '09 it will out size the 360's range.

12. berbasgnakillya9

I got a PS3 today, im glad I did yea!! So much easier to setup online etc. I remember having problems connecting my xbox, but the PS3 I just added some simple details and it was done. A thing I have noticed is how much quieter the PS3 is compared to the 360. I think iv made the right decision. As for my Xbox, i dont know wat to do with it.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice