1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XCOM 2 WoTC Not working?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zedier, Sep 13, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Zedier

Zedier Thread Starter

Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8167 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti, -1 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 55 GB (4 GB Free); E: 465 GB (131 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P8Z68-V
    Antivirus: None

Problem:

So, I bought the new expansion for XCOM 2 (War of The Chosen) and expected it just to work. Obviously it didn't. Every time I launch it, it acts as if it's the first time I've ever played it, but for the record I have 90+ hours in it. It's always worked before the DLC, yet now it does not. It comes up with "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application." After about 5 hours of trying all the guides online, with none being successful, I said to myself just to post a thread and wait for a response to help me specifically, and not on a "One size fits all" situation. Thanks for any help! -Zedier

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

3. Zedier

Zedier Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1196309