1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XD Card problem - card setup

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bram55, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bram55

bram55 Thread Starter

I recently went to copy my photos off my camera by putting it in a card reader but reader would not recognise the type card it was. When i put my card back in my camera it would no longer let me see my photos at all it just kept coming up with the card setup screen saying i need to clean my card or format it. I have tried wiping my card with a dry cloth but still nothing and i do not want to format otherwise will lose my photos. Can anyone help or have an idea what has happened?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Try running one of These recovery programs on the card ..
    Recuva is very popular .. But I've had better luck with PCInspector.
    They can recover files from a formatted card if the card is good .. But I'd try to not format it.

And Welcome to the TSG Forum

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice