1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XD card write protected?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bigbear, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigbear

bigbear Thread Starter

Hi All
    I have a problem with an 1G XD card that was being used to upload photos to a website on a public PC.
    For some reason the card is now write protected and cannot shoot any photos or delete.
    Has anyone come across this problem or has the card gone bad:confused:

2. slipe

slipe

For starters make sure your write protection switch is not set on lock. It is on the left side of the card.

If your card doesn’t have a write protection switch or it is unlocked, right click on one of your images in Windows Explorer or My Computer. Select properties and make sure “Read only” hasn’t somehow been checked. If it has clear the box and Select all. Right click on one of the highlighted images and check “Archive”. When you Apply and OK you should have all of the images back to archive.

3. bigbear

bigbear Thread Starter

Thanks for the quick reply, I will give it a try thankyou(y)

4. bigbear

bigbear Thread Starter

I didn't work and now most of the photos seem to have disappeared, ant other ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice