1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xeon reported as Pent III

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brite750, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

Has anyone noted a Xeon being reported as a Pent III in Belarc Advisor?
    Reading cpu as 2.40 gig Intel Pent III,
    8 kilobyte prim mem cache
    512 kilobyte sec mem cache

I can't even find a 2.4 Pent III chip

2. KeithKman

KeithKman

Isnt Xeno just a better PentIII?

EDIT: I found some info on the Xeon chip:

The Pentium III Xeon chip was the next chip brought to the market in 1999. It features much larger and improved Level 2 cache. The Pentium III Xeon chip has a64-bit databus, can address up to 64 GB of RAM, can have clock speeds from 550 MHz to 1 GHz, and has two 16 KB Level 1 caches, and a 256 KB, 512 KB, 1 MB, or 2 MB Level 2 cache. Its internal voltage is 2.8 V or 5/12 V (allowing operation at either 5 V or 12 V). The Xeon was designed for multiprocessor computers, such as new generation servers. It supports multiprocessing for up to eight CPUs.

3. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

In your reply is says 550 to 1gig cpu speed, my cpu is reading 2.4gig, there shouldn't be a 2.4 Pent III. Just wondering if someone else had run across this with Belarc.

4. brite750

brite750 Thread Starter

5. dzones

dzones

its probably just a lil glitch in belarc. since it is seeing your cpu as a 2.4ghz, which i understand is right, then i would not worry about it. I am guesssing that since the xeon is not avery popular chip in regards to mainstream stuff that they just have not upgraded the software to actually see/understand the id of the chip. It's id code is probably just more similar to the p3 then the p4.
    seems to make sense however i cannot be sure.
    dave

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice