xfer jvc gr-sxm37 to toshiba satellite A105

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgponsler

Was told to purchase s-video and that would allow me to transfer my grandson's 2nd b-day party movie to my laptop to burn to dvd using Windows Movie Maker. Laptop nor Movie Maker recognize the "video capturing device". video camera=JVC GR-SXM37 and laptop= Toshiba Satellite A105-S4114 and Movie Maker= v 5.1. OS=XP. I don't want to have to use the VHS adapter and go thru TV to burn to DVD. Please help this ol' grandma figure this out. Thx

I have a strong suspicion that your laptop's S-video socket is an output only. i.e. to move image of your lapto out, like onto a TV).

sgponsler

Is there a way to transfer from movie camera to the laptop? Camera has s-video and rca type jacks (white & red) and the laptop has s-video, and usb and some other jack I don't recognize the size/shape of next to the s-video on the laptop.

You mention a capturing device not being recognized. What type is that. Is it an external "little box" where camera goes in and cables can be inserted that go out to PC?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online