1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xfer netscape6 email to outlook xp

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FrankB, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FrankB

FrankB Thread Starter

My friend just got a new Dell. His old pc (win 98 with no cd drive) has about 33 meg of Netscape format email that he wants to save on his new pc. The new pc has outlook. I would like to import them but outlook doesn't recognize the file type. I told him he can email them to another account and then open them on the new pc. That will take a long time. I found a conversion program called dawn but the old computer cant load it. I thought he could cut and past them into word and then transfer them but that will take a long time also. Any ideas.

Thanks

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

There's one way, but thats equally time & effort consuming I guess.

You can save each message as .eml file and then import them into Outlook. I hope I am not sounding too naive. :rolleyes:

To be entirely frank, though I am very fond of Netscape 7 browser, I have never used its Mail client ('coz its sick!!) and I have never tried to do what I am suggesting here. :(

3. FrankB

FrankB Thread Starter

Thanks for the ideas but I took the long way and set up a new mailbox on the new machine and emailed every one from the old PC to the New PC. None of the conversion programs I tried worked. Outlook did not recognize the version of Netscape, and Netscape doesn't make it easy for you to switch once they have you.
    Thanks again

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Well I haven't helped you in anyway solve this problem, so I will be extremely loathe in accepting this thanks from you. :(

Anyway, I am glad that things are now in the way you wanted them to be. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice