1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xfinity+AE+Belkin router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bigorangekitty, Oct 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigorangekitty

bigorangekitty Thread Starter

I just recently switched to xfinity internet. Here is my problem on how to set this up. I HAD at&t modem and airport extreme in my kitchen. Hardwired to the airport extreme was my printer (usb) and Yamaha player piano disklavier (ethernet under the house to dining room). Xfinity sent me a router/modem and i only have cable connection away from the kitchen (and dining room) in the living room. So the question is this: I need a wireless access point or extender not network hardwired to xfinity, and in my kitchen with ethernet and usb capability. What I have available to me are: a belkin n300 router with ethernet and usb on it, and an airport extreme with ethernet and usb on it. And I do not want to drill any more holes :)

-How can I make this work with what I have?
    -I am open to new ideas I might not have considered :)
    -If not any of the above, what do i need?

Thank you in advance and best regards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158417

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice