1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xfx 550 watt psu - no 4 pin connector?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luvthesnapper, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luvthesnapper

luvthesnapper Thread Starter

so i just got my new xfx psu, and it has no 4 pin power connector, for the mobo. i feel like im missing something, because there's no way a 4 pin shouldn't be included. there's plenty of 6 pins and 8 pins, so should i use a 6 pin, in the 4 pin slot? it says the connectors are "keyed" so they'll only fit one way, so it thought using the 6 pin would be ok, if it fit.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, post the exact pw supply you are referencing. Post a link to the pw supply if possible.

Most likely you have a 4+4pin connector. If you look carefully at the 8pin connector, you should be able to separate it into 4 and 4. Again post a link to the exact pw supply so I can tell for sure.

3. luvthesnapper

luvthesnapper Thread Starter

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The specs show 4+4pin so look carefully at the connector. You can probably unsnap something to separate the connector. Generally you can use either one of the 4+4pin connectors. If you can plug in one side to the aux connector that is fine as long as the connector fully seats in the mb and the unused side does not touch anything [if you cannot separated them]

BTW xfx does not make their own pw supplies; those are re-branded seasonic which is a very good mfg of pw supplies so it should be fine for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice