XFX RX 5700XT keeps crashing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ryanpaul2267

I have a XFX RX 5700XT and it was working fine and then all of a sudden started crashing on all games. I have updated the drivers to the latest. And I have also updated Windows fully. I have also completely wiped my computer and started again with fresh install of drivers and windows 10. And its still crashing, I get the error code 'nvlddmkm.sys equal' from what I understand and researched this is an error for either a ram issue a driver issue or a storage issue. Now I've wiped it so it can't be storage ive tried different ram sticks no joy. And I have also deleted and updated all the drivers that are possible.
Spec:
Ryzen 5 2600x
Xfx rx5700xt
Asrock steel legend b450
OlOy 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
120gb ssd
1tb hdd
700w cooler master 80+

could someone help me and tell me if its knackered or is this fixable. As with the current scalped prices I wouldn't be able to get a new one.

Thankyou for anyone that replies with an answer!
Have a nice day 😊

crjdriver

Now I've wiped it so it can't be storage
How do you know that? You could easily have a problem with a drive. Have you tested your memory? If not, do so. Download and run memtest; Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
This runs from bootable media so it removes windows from the task. Run memtest for at least 1hr. If you get any errors, you have found your problem.
Next what are your temps; specifically cpu temp and video card temp? Have you tested voltages? If not, do so. Asrock has purpose designed monitoring software on the support page. Download and install. Once done post the following info; cpu temp, 12V, 5V and 3.3V values. Do this twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT, or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps and voltages.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online