1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved XFX RX 580 No Video

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Koroshiya, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Koroshiya

Koroshiya Thread Starter

First Name:
    Rob
    So, I just recently replace my old HD 7870 with a RX 580. After installing it and plugging it into my monitor, I found that no video was being output. Everything posted and I could tell it was getting to Windows because the LEDs on my keyboard have this little telltale flash when it gets there. I tried reseating several times and had no luck.

There is a blue LED that comes on and stays on. Not sure if that means anything. Couldn't find anything about it on Google, other than people saying it meant the card had adequate power. I put my old card back in and it works just fine. Only this card is giving me trouble. I used the 6-pin 2x to 8-pin power adapter and I tried with just a 6-pin plus the 2-pin. Nothing changed. My power supply should be plenty big enough for this fella, too.

A friend of mine installed it into his PC and it booted just fine with output to his monitor. He suggested it might be my monitor, but as long as I'm using the correct cable (DVI-D), the monitor itself shouldn't matter, right? I also tried HDMI and still got nothing.

I'm totally stumped.

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
    RAM: G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
    PSU: CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V
    VGA: XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1405MHz OC+, 8gb 256bit

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Very often old motherboards need a bios update to support modern video cards. Are you running the latest bios?

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I just checked the support page for your board and there is a bios update that addresses video card issues.

4. Koroshiya

Koroshiya Thread Starter

First Name:
    Rob
    Sorry for the late reply. I had assumed that since my motherboard was able to handle my existing card, that the new one wouldn't have trouble. It turned into a being combination of updating my BIOS (which I had never done) and enabling UEFI. So, my problem is resolved, now. Thank you so much!

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome. So it is working ok now?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228930

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice