1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.xlsx documents won't link

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by artemuss, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. artemuss

artemuss Thread Starter

I've got XP and have recently upgraded to Excel 2010. When saving a spreadsheet with the default .xlsx extension, I am not able to do a couple of things:

I uploaded the file to a web site but when someone tries to download and open the file, it is now a zip file. It contains many files and folders - but none are the Excel spreadsheet.

I also keep an Excel file that works as a table of contents and lists many, many spreadsheets. This TofC contains a link for each sheet that clients can click to access each sheet. I've built the sheet like I have always done (in the past with 2003 and 2007 Excel) and it worked beautifully. If you run Excel 2010, now when you click on the link you get a zip file. If you are using an older version of Excel you now get nothin'.

Does anyone have clue what happened?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice