1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xml_hack.ao

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by frogfoot, Jul 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frogfoot

frogfoot Thread Starter

A couple of weeks ago, I received an e-mail saying that a relative had sent an e-card. Since my relatives have sent such cards in the past, I bit. My TrendMicro antivirus immediately pegged it as XML-HACK.AO. I updated TrendMicro and scanned. It found nothing. I updated Stinger, and ran it. It found nothing. I updated AdAware and it found nothing. But, someone evidently has hijacked my address and people are receiving these e-card messages from my computer although I certainly aren't sending them, and they aren't showing up in my Sent Files folder.

I tried going to the TrendMicro site and following the instructions there, but I've had no indication that I've been able to remove the nasty bug.

Suggestions?

July 15: I finally succeeded in updating my TrendMicro software. Each time when I tried it before, it would give me the message that it was updating files and then it would say "update completed," but the numbers on the pattern files would not have changed. So, it really wasn't updating. This morning, it really did update, and I ran the scans. It found TROJ_TIBS.AKL and WORM_NUWA and a possible NUCRP-3. It deleted the first two and I told it to delete that last one. I hope that the problem is solved, but since I didn't see XML_HACK.AO listed, I really don't know. I think the next thing is to download some sort of fix for Quicktime.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice