XP Activation problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jadan

Dear Sir,

I have XP pro installed in my computer and it has been activated.
It has worked fine for a few months without any problems.

As of yesterday, as the welcome screen comes up with the name of user and
I click on the user name to log in , a message says windows needs to be activated, do you wish to activate it now and gives you 2 options YES and NO

If I click No, the user is logged off and the screen returns to the welcome screen.
If I click YES , a windows appears and says: " windows Xp is already activated, click OK to continue
When I press OK, the screen returns to the welcome screen .

and this repeats itself over and over not letting me do anything else.

Please do you have any suggestions??

Thanx & Regards

Jadan

have you tryed to get into safe mode to see if that says it needs activating(pressf8 on bootup)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online