XP Advisor Error & No Microsoft Support

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fredeis

I downloaded the XP Advisor from the Microsoft Web Site to test my system in advance of installing XP.

I get an error message: ERROR 3E6h - Contact Microsoft Technical Support. The advisor quits and there is no entry to the XP LOG. From what I understand if I attempt to install XP, the installation will quit with the same error message.

Well, tech support from Microsoft puts you on hold for an hour and generally, when you might get to talk to someone, if you haven't yet purchased XP, the representative doesn't really want to talk to you - and they just hang up on you. Very nice.

On the other hand, my system includes: A maxtor PCI Controller Card (which looks like a SCSI to the BIOS); another SCSI PCI card, a radeon video card, and some other typical stuff. I'm running a PIII 550 mhz with 256K memory. I'm running WINDOWS ME currently.

Any thoughts on what may be behind this problem.

fredeis

help # is 425-635-3311

HOwever, i'm still looking for info on the error i mentioned in the original post.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online