1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP and 3DFX VooDoo 5500

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by smunday, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I just ran the compatability checker for upgrading to windows XP.

It informed me that I need to add files to my 3dfx VooDoo 5500
    Card. However. They don't make them any more and I don't think that the ones they still have kicking around on the old 3dfx site are the right ones for XP.

Can anyone help???
    Maybe they do have a driver for it that I can't find???

Hope you can help.

S

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. steve_b

steve_b

4. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

Whne you guys say to do a full install for Windows XP do you mean to format my Hard drive and start from the beginning???

I ran the windows XP harware advisor and no matter what drivers I put in for my VooDoo 5500, it still tells me that the drivers are incompatable. I wondeer if the Windows XP default drivers will take care of it, even though the 3dfx tool won' t work anymore?

Anyway let me know
    S

5. steve_b

steve_b

The XP drivers are not very good. Windows will complain about any other drivers you try to use, but the ones on the page I refer to above work very well. I get no random reboots or screwups when playing games, and the graphics are much better than XP native drivers produce.

6. Dan O

Dan O

No, a full install of XP will not help. Did you try the driver I gave you the link for?

Make sure to follow the install instructions closely, which are within the download file.

Good luck.

7. smunday

smunday Thread Starter

I did what you said Dan-O but the compatability Advisor still shows that the drivers are not compatable.
    I'm having the same trouble with my BJC-4300 printer :(

I'm not to sure what to do now

8. Dan O

Dan O

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111550

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice