1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP and AMD 64 problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stevendfb, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevendfb

stevendfb Thread Starter

Hello there,

I have a problem with my new setup. I used to have an AMD XP 2600+ with Aopen motherboard and I recently upgraded to an AMD 64 3000+ with asus k8v motherboard. (rest of the specs r: 2 x 512 DDR, 120Gb HDD, 40Gb HDD, Windows XP Home Edition)
    Now I have a problem installing some problems. It says the program I am about to install is 16 bit and not ment for Windows or DOS and so the program doesn't install. (I have several programs with the same problem when I want to install them)
    For example the DVD Burning software I got with my DVD RW of Benq, or the drivers for my printer (Lexmark Z604). All these programs don't want to install giving the same installation problem. (very strange cause I had these programs installed without a problem on my old system)

Anyone help please? (the burning software and the printer are important, I kinda need them)

Cant upload the picture of the errormessage but basicly it says this: (it's in dutch anyway so)

(title) 16 bit windows-subsystem
    c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suited for MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Press close to end the application.

2. zmaster

zmaster

follow this Link

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/274578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice