XP and BETRIEVE 6.15

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fredeis

Does anyone have any experience using a BETRIEVE 6.15 data base and windows XP? On one of my machines, I was unable to use a BETRIEVE 6.15 data base that had on it XP.
THanks.

Peachtree Software uses Btrieve 6.15 with no problems.As a member of the QA team,Ive extensively testes this version as well as Btrieve SQL(2000). Both seem to work with no problems that i did not already have with w2k.

fredeis

Interesting - Pervasive doesn't support BTREIVE 6.15 and the data base that i'm using is not SQL 2000 at all. I get a runtime error and also get a status 20 error, depending on how I start the program that runs the BTREIVE 6.15 data base.
Thanks again.

Its been atleast 4 months since ive worked with 6.15 and at the time it was supported. Status 20 indicates a connection error(usually due to a read only lock file). Run time errors can litterally be hundreds of things.

Things to try:
Delete all Wbt*.* files and reinstall.
Make sure that the application is not more than 2 subdictories down(funky 6.15 problem).
Delete all *.lck files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online