xp asking for password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charligirl

Hi. I have been using my acer laptop running windows xp professional for about 4 years. Suddenly when I turn it on I am asked for a password. I have never had a password for this computer. I can't get past this page my only options are to restart, shutdown, hibernation etc. Where has this come from, amd most importantly how do I fix it? Any help would be great.:eek:

charligirl

thanks but I've tried that a million times - just beeps and tells me I must have a password to go any further - argh!!!! :confused:

Hi,
Press F8 when u start the laptop, go to Safe mode with N/w, Login into administrator account, Click on the Control panel, Go to User Accounts, check whether there is any Password is enabled, if so, ClicK on the Remove the Password, Restart the system check whether it is working.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi charligirl

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist with forgotten passwords or bypassing passwords.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Closing thread.

**canbe and DELLDOCTOS***
Both of you also need to read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online