1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP/Black Ice Color Fax Lite

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by irainbow, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. irainbow

irainbow Thread Starter

Any help appreciated! Running XP-Home, 2nd SP...
    have had repeated problems. Last week, after unsuccessful installation of older digital camera with a new driver, ran into biiiig problems and ultimately had to start in Safe Mode to uninstall what I could of the camera.

Now, I can't either uninstall or reinstall my Black Ice Color Fax Lite (free). Any attempts winds up the same -- an uninstall effort, ending with the message "Error No. 0x80040702 Failed to load dll: CFLRmvNT. Setup will now terminate."

ADD/REMOVE doesn't work. System Restore won't.

Any ideas? (I've written to software mfrr, but it's a free download, and I don't know how long it might take them to respond.)

TIA ever so much! :)

2. mimo2005

mimo2005

3. irainbow

irainbow Thread Starter

Yes mimo2005. I did look at the website and I've written to Tech Support, too -- but that's a different site than what I found, so I'll take another look

Thanks for responding.

4. rude

rude

5. irainbow

irainbow Thread Starter

Why thanks so much, rude! That's downright UNrude of you. ;)

I have downloaded it, and will see what my more expert (than me) friend thinks of it. (The caveats in the Microsoft article spooked me.)

I appreciate your input. Meanwhile, I have (on his advice) reinstalled the very first version of this software (4 years old) and it will, at least, let me send my Faxes until I can get things sorted out.

Thanks so much.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice