1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Boot CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mystry13, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mystry13

mystry13 Thread Starter

OK Sometimes its hard for me to explain.

Win 98 has a boot floppy, that has fdisk, format, defrag, ect.
    I took took one of those and burnt it to a CD , but it didnt make the CD bootable.

Can someone tell me how to make a bootable CD like the win 98 bootable floppy.

Thank you
    mystry13
    [email protected]

2. vicks

vicks

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

4. mystry13

mystry13 Thread Starter

I have had the hardest time. But I got it. The iso file, I kept burning it to a cd and it kept coming out on the new cd as an iso file. Got past that, burnt the iso file to a new cd and the new cd when finished had nothing on it. After about the 30th time, with the cd showing nada, zlich @#%^%$# nothing on it I tryed booting to it. IT WORKED, typed in Dir. and all the files were there. So now I have 30 boot up disks. Also I can put one in any cd rom and look at it and it shows to be a blank cd. Go figure.

Thanks for your help guys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice