Xp boot up freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sherudon

Hello I need some help with my xp home computer.

A week ago I turned on my computer and had it freeze then go to a blue screen involving something about dumping hard drive to a phicsical disk or something and after it restarted it began to give me a blank screen instead of the xp loading screen.. so I restarted it and it gave me the sorry for the inconvenience with the start up options.. I have tryed all of these even all the options in F8 and all freeze except last known good config.. that gives me a blank screen, I dont have a xp disk unfortunately, the strange thing is it worked last night but is back on the blink tonight and i noticed a strange thing above the memory test that reads CPUID 0f27 Patch 0037.. dont know if that means anything, I have not installed any new hardware in the past 6 months.. any one got any ideas?

I just had a quick thought is it possible to use another xp home computers files to fix any possible problems in my one?

Is it possible to get one without paying for it? last time I checked it cost about 100-300 here... oh and cpu temp is bout 51 celsius commonly

you'll need XP CD, and will have to check RAM memory, CPU Temperature. If computer is unstable it might corrupt your system even more while trying to fix it.

First check temperature in the system Bios by hitting DEL key when booting, CPU temp should be between 35 and 55 celsius (though problems may arise over 65 or so, depending on CPU)

check system memory: http://www.memtest86.com/

If memory and temperature are ok, do a repair reinstall with XP installation CD.

Keep in mind this are general guidelines, hope they help.

Good luck

you might also remove side cover and make sure all of the fans are working...and remove the power cord and make sure your video card and other components are seated properly
AFTER UNPLUGING COMPUTER BE SURE TO GROUND YOURSELF BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING INSIDE OF THE CASE. static electricity will kill components

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online