1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP-Cannot FInd Resource File

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by workingboy456, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workingboy456

workingboy456 Thread Starter

When I boot up my xp pc the very last acion on bootup is a message box that states" Cannot Find Resource FIle".
    I go to Event Viewer and there are two items there:

1)The COM+ Messages service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    2)The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    SMPLSCSI

Until recently 1 month ago, this message box never appeared. What is SMPLSCSI and how can I make this messagebox go away? D:(

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

try start run type sfc /scannow this checks all windows files and replaces them this fixes many many issues also make sure you fully update via microsoft site and your computer manufacturer

3. workingboy456

workingboy456 Thread Starter

I ran that sfc /scannow and now , looking into Event Viewer, the error message about SMPLSCSI is gone, but the COM+ message is still there and is causing the "Cannot FInd Resource File" message at every bootup. Also I did updates with Microsoft, still get this message. Since the service is not running, can't I disable it? If so, how?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!