1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP CD-Bootable can't find the hard drives!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Eliasjussef, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Eliasjussef

Eliasjussef Thread Starter

hi ...
    i got labtop HP 530 celeron 1.7 GHz. unfortunely my brother installed WIN 7.the performance of the labtop unbearable. slow too much.i know the requierments of WIN 7 above mine.at all i've tried to install WIN XP from Bootable CD .big bad surprise! the setup after inspecting my labtop i've rquest installing new window setup gave me this message :
    (setup can't find any hard disk drives installed on ur computer.
    make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to ur computer.and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct.this may involve runing a munufucturing-supplied diagnostic or setup program.)

i didn't upgrade my labtop (hardware) and i've tried the defult setting. but still the problem ON !

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    This CD you are using came with the laptop?

If not, contact HP and have them send you a set of CDs for this model. They run about $25.00 US.

3. Eliasjussef

i've wasted all of the CDs but i've XP original CD and i got the drivers of the labtop from the site of HP i've downloaded it all . what i need to say i had installed xp several times on the labtop and no problems although i'm using another original xp CD. but WIN 7 pissed me off this the first time on the lab and now way to erase it ! coudln't from the inside and the Bootable CD Too. thx for trying helping me.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Is the hd SATA?
    Are you pressing F6 when the install asks, so you can load the SATA drivers?

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    did the computer originally come with windows 7 or windows xp? if windows xp and u have a legal copy of windows xp providing the computer came with xp and a legit coa sticker this is what u need to do. since it had windows 7 in it u need to change the bios to SATA,ATA,or IDE compatable. vista and windows 7 use ACHI. once u change the bios then u need to have it boot from a cd and go from there. for the bios tap F2 and for the boot order hitting F12 works for most computers.then u should be good to go.hope this helps u.

6. Eliasjussef

hi to all ...
    in the first i'm thanking all the ppl who gave thier experience to solve my problem.
    secondly:the solution was that: from the Bios 's setup i've entered the system configuration's list then Device Configarations,then i've disabled Sata (Native Mode) and my problem gone. was that by expert one my neighbour.Pishbloom was right and near from that. thank u all again.

7. Eliasjussef

I hate asking the same question twice!
    How to ask questions the smart way!

Squash man ... this site was useful to me ... ( i don't speak english well but i'm trying ) so sry for my bad grammatical way.

8. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

It is part of my signature file. It goes in all my posts.

9. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    you are very welcome. im glad to see your problem is solved.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!