Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xp closing down!

689 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dogbonz 
#1 ·
Hi,
I recently got xp and after finally getting it working after a volume unmountable boot drive or something i have hit another problem.
Every so often my computer switches its self off for no apparent reason. i have taken the cover off and check the heat sinks and they seem ok. I t happens if i run something like media player or pinball at the same time as some thing else say IE. Has anyone heard of this or can think of a reason for it?

Also i have alot of problems with MSN and IE shutting doen with errors which has recently spreed to other apps as well. does any one know anything about that?

Cheers
Charli

#3 ·
I think i am having a similar problem with xp. But it happens when i'm playing baldurs gate. I'll be playing just fine and then all of the sudden the computer will shut off and start back up for no apparent reason. I don't think that it is an overheating problem because i checked my temp in the bios one time at it was only in the 40's. I downloaded the patch for the game, but i doubt that the game is causing the problem, and it only seems to happen in multiplayer mode. I don't know if any of this would help anyone figure out what is wrong, (besides microsoft) but many thanks to anyone who knows how to fix it.

#4 ·
I highly recommend NOT using Internet
Explorer 6. It's buggy as all get out.

Take it kicking and screaming back to
IE 5.5

XP should be fairly stable. Make sure
your fans are working and clean out the
.tmp files. And (needless to say) check
for viruses. XP is an open book to the
Net. Get a firewall.

Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.