1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp closing down!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by charliwest, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. charliwest

charliwest Thread Starter

Hi,
    I recently got xp and after finally getting it working after a volume unmountable boot drive or something i have hit another problem.
    Every so often my computer switches its self off for no apparent reason. i have taken the cover off and check the heat sinks and they seem ok. I t happens if i run something like media player or pinball at the same time as some thing else say IE. Has anyone heard of this or can think of a reason for it?

Also i have alot of problems with MSN and IE shutting doen with errors which has recently spreed to other apps as well. does any one know anything about that?

Cheers
    Charli

2. confusedXP_user

confusedXP_user

i have some major problems with xp myself especialy ie6 i cant figure it out sometimes ie6 never loads the page other times it crashes! i think we need to kick some microsoft *** cause i paid way to much money just to make my computer bubly looking and unstable i want a refund!

3. Trboy13

Trboy13

I think i am having a similar problem with xp. But it happens when i'm playing baldurs gate. I'll be playing just fine and then all of the sudden the computer will shut off and start back up for no apparent reason. I don't think that it is an overheating problem because i checked my temp in the bios one time at it was only in the 40's. I downloaded the patch for the game, but i doubt that the game is causing the problem, and it only seems to happen in multiplayer mode. I don't know if any of this would help anyone figure out what is wrong, (besides microsoft) but many thanks to anyone who knows how to fix it.

4. dogbonz

dogbonz

I highly recommend NOT using Internet
    Explorer 6. It's buggy as all get out.

Take it kicking and screaming back to
    IE 5.5

XP should be fairly stable. Make sure
    your fans are working and clean out the
    .tmp files. And (needless to say) check
    for viruses. XP is an open book to the
    Net. Get a firewall.

Good Luck,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!