1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Color Quality Changes

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by htpw16, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. htpw16

htpw16 Thread Starter

Hello all,

First, I installed pinnacle studio 10 on my Sony Vaio Laptop when this issue started happening.

Whenever I restart my laptop or start the pinnacle application, my monitor flickers as if changing the resolution, a bubble pops up near the time and says that the color quality has changed from High (32 bit) to Medium (16 bit), also my monitor's brightness dims in the process.

To correct this all i have to do is change the brightness back, and change the color quality back to High, not that hard, but annoying.

Any reason why it would automatically change these settings? Anyway of preventing this?

Thanks guys.

2. htpw16

htpw16 Thread Starter

Nevermind folks, I believe I fixed this.

For some reason, the installation of the application modified the battery settings I had..wierd.

Thanks anyways.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/468974

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice