1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Connection Errors to Update Servers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by *ne0n*, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *ne0n*

*ne0n* Thread Starter

OK. I have 3 computers networked through a Linksys Network Everywhere router with cable access (Roadrunner). I have a computer with Win ME (don't ask why) and I have Kazaa on it, and Kazaa will connect and run fine. However, when I try connecting to Kazaa on the other 2 computers in my house that have Win XP on them, it just stalls on the Connecting... part of the program. **READ ON: I'M NOT ASKING YOU TO SOLVE THE KAZAA PROBLEM**

Now, whenever I try to connect to Everquest on the computer with Win XP, I get this error message:

EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
    (patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied.

I've tried plugging directly from the modem into my box and I still get this error message. I've ran searches ALL over the net for that error code, and I never got an answer to my question. Now, another issue that might help is if you all are familiar with Steam (Counterstrike 1.6), that won't connect to the patch server either. I also remember seeing an error code 10051 (or something close to that) while trying to connect to an update server.

I have multiple hard drives, but I only have a Win 98 disc, and I don't even think that's an install disc. So, if anybody could please help me out, explain what's wrong, that'd be awsome.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Well, I ran a search and got several hits.

(hint, take out the ":", its a switch in Google)

One said:
    "It's not a problem on your end. Basically, the patch server cannot handle everybody at once."

Your mileage may vary?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice