1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Constantly freezing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by forsakendecay, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. forsakendecay

forsakendecay Thread Starter

Alright, I'm at my wits end with this machine. I've re-installed XP at least five times, I've tried different RAM, and I've even tried another hard drive. All it does is freeze, right after the install, so I know it's not any software that's causing it. Common sense tells me it's the RAM, but I've replaced that.

Any help appreciated.

2. raybro

raybro

Hi forsakendecay and welcome to TSG... You say "right after the install". Does that mean during the intro process, setup and driver installations or after final reboot before using the OS? Give as much detail as you can.

Raybro

3. forsakendecay

I'd say several minutes after the install completes fully. I notice it starts right as I begin to load software - but this time I waited, nothing happened, so then I installed and ran Mozilla. Bam, freeze. So then I reinstall XP, and this time wait a good half hour and it'll still freeze without any software installed.

I know my XP CD is clean and works fine.

4. forsakendecay

Oh yay. A new error. I decided to try reinstalling again and this is what I get: SXS.dll syntax erorr. H:\1386\asms\52\policy\msft\windows\networking\rtcdll.man

What the flip.

5. raybro

raybro

I Googled your error code and got a ton of hits. It appears to be not uncommon. Give it a look.

Raybro

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!