XP Control Pannel Issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sixcorners

Well, first there is the Add or Remove Programs problem when rundll.exe runs then stops. No error message; wouldn't have even known it was rundll.exe if I didn't look to see what I was running 5-6 times. Then there is the problem with Skype and the Device Manager. I think the problem is the same because the error message is the same. When I try to run the Device Manager I get "mmc.exe - Application Error" as a title to the error and "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. " in the body. Skype has "Skype.exe - Application Error" in the title and "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. " in the body.

Also if someone is good with soundcards and drivers. My sound isn't working. The problem is the sound card, I have tried to use earphones to listen and it didn't work. I have tried to install another driver but it dosn't reconize the card. I guess the other driver had to be uninstalled so I tried to uninstall it using Device Manager but I got that error. I think the sound card is a Sound Blaster Audigy. I know the model number is SB0090.

awalker0878

Removed by request
try also first

start/run/"sfc /scannow"

this will check to make sure no system files have been overwriiten during driver install and if so the will be restored to their orginal state by Windows XP Setup CD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online