1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

xp copy paste locks up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by waldoette, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. waldoette

waldoette Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP. I use copy and paste all the time. It seems like I end up locking up. First my right click on my mouse won't copy and paste, then I can't even get it to do it from the tool bar. I read that it could be my Ram not dumping, how do you control that? I end up closing all my windows and restarting my computer. Realllly annoying and time consoming. I didn't have this problem with my old 98se.

2. forte21xx

forte21xx

what programs are you using to copy/paste from? I've had some trouble with programs like AIM recognizing the clipboard from programs such as openoffice.

3. waldoette

waldoette Thread Starter

actually I find it doesn't matter what program I am running. It happens when I working on pictures in adobe programs as well as others. I can copy html and not be able to paste it.

4. rayearle

rayearle

How much RAM do you have on your system and how much is available when cut and paste begin to not work? XP requires more memory than 98SE did, which was far worse when it comes to not releasing memory. Based on your reported symptoms and resolution (i.e. rebooting), this is a likely scenario.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!