Xp crash on new software install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raymondo

I've upgraded from Me to XP. Every time I boot up after installing new software I get desktop for a few seconds, then a pale blue screen with white writing on it although I get the impression that the words "Physical Memory" and "Systems administrator are near the end. It disappears so quickly I can't read it. Then I get a re-boot with scandisc then desktop for a few seconds etc.
WHen I press F8 I can select "Use last good configuration" or somesuch, and everything is fine.
PIII with 256meg
Any suggestions?
RayP

Max19

Account Disabled
Is the software you're installing compatible with Windows XP?

raymondo

Thanks for your interest.
The progs are all about a year old. They all run without any errors.
RayP

Max19

Account Disabled
Obviously the software doesn't run without errors. That's why you posted here.

Did you mean to say that all these programs ran fine on Windows ME? If so, my question still stands. Are all these programs compatible with Windows XP?

If they're a year old, then they simply may not work with Windows XP. Check the manufacturers' web sites for patches and compatibility information.

raymondo

Sorry for my lack of precision.
The programmes include office 2000 and
Fixit version 4 (XP compatible) in fact every programme I install.

They do run error free once I get windows XP to boot up using "last good install"
Ray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts