1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Xp crashes at windows loading and restarts

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sungodd, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sungodd

sungodd Thread Starter

Windows Xp[​IMG] crashs during windows loading screen and reboots. Displays a blue screen with no errors on it only the stop information, 0x00000024 (0x001902FE, 0xBA52F380, 0xBA52f07c,0x8AD5980F). This blue screen stays up for less than a second, needed to video record it to get the numbers. Windows doesn't load in normal mode, or any of the safe modes. I have tried chkdsk /r and /p. Bootcfg /scan fails, and /rebuild also fails. I have also cleared Cmos on my motherboard, which didn't work either. I also tested the ram, tried booting with 1 of 3 sticks in 3 times rotating the sticks, I wouldn't think all 3 would fail at the same time. The HD does show serial numbers tho and appears to be working. This all started when i was running a virus scanner, it crashed, and the problems started. Any help is appreciated, I have yet to try fixmbr, and a repair install. The fixmbr says it could cause a problem with the HD, that is the reason I haven't tried it yet. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the forum
    It is too late now, do not worry too much but clearing the cmos was not a good idea, as it will never solve these error reports.
    From where ie: access to the HDD did you run chkdsk.
    What was the virus scanner you were running.

Run chkdsk/f
    /r checks for bad sectors and attempts repair and recovery of data from them.
    r includes p. by default
    /f is what you need to try and repair damaged files.
    Have a look at these.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/.../proddocs/en-us/bootcons_chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/chkdsk.mspx?mfr=true

3. sungodd

sungodd Thread Starter

Through the Cd repair console is where i ran the chkdsk, it only gives me the options of R and P, so I ran both. Malwarebytes Anti-malware was what i ran, so i guess its anti malware not a virus scanner. It won't let me run chkdsk /f, the option doesn't exist in repair console. Most of the problems I have with my computer I am able to fix through looking at posts... etc, but this one has me stumped. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

4. Macboatmaster

My apologies I had forgotten that /f was not on recovery console.
    Back shortly with another post

5. Macboatmaster

My apologies I had forgotten that /f was not on recovery console.
    /r checks for bad sectors and implies f as well.
    /f does not check for bad sectors but does repair.
    I apologise again for misleading you.

6. Macboatmaster

Sorry about this. I have a BT landline fault for four days They have just found a break on the cable underground and have totally disconnected by landline internet and internet phone line,
    I am on the next door neighbours computer.
    I will come back when mine is on.
    Your fault code, and I am NOT an expert in reading them suggests a serious corruption of the windows registry.
    Hopefully one of the experts on here at reading fault codes will pick this up.
    In the meantime may I suggest you look at the STOP 0etc 24 and the other error codes on Microsoft or this site.
    I think the problem has been caused when Malwarebytes crashed.
    Best of luck will be back when I get on mine to check my databases.
    In the meantime I would slave the drive and back everything up. Just in case.

7. Macboatmaster

WHEN you ran chkdsk/r from the recovery console did you run it on C:/Windows or on just C:/
    I have PM`d you

8. Macboatmaster

Back from the meal notified on the PM

Having run chkdsk on the C:/Windows
    I would run it on the C:/ cmd prompt.
    On C:/Windows
    type CD\
    that will take you to C:\
    then type dir
    that will show you the total contents of the C:\ drive.

9. sungodd

sungodd Thread Starter

After you mentioned if i ran it on C:/ or C:/windows i ran it on C:/ also. No change unfortuantly.

10. Macboatmaster

Post details of computer pls
    Sorry just come back in forget you cannot access it at all.
    What make and model if branded.

11. sungodd

sungodd Thread Starter

i built it myself. I7 920 cpu, geforce 260gtx, 500gig hd not sure of brand, EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard, OCZ gold 6gig(3- 2gig sticks) ddr3 1600. Built it about 3 weeks ago, updated all the drivers after I built it. The hard drive is from my old computer, its about 2 1/2 years old give or take some.

12. Macboatmaster

Is the only operating system XP 32bit becuase if so Windows 32 bit can only see 3 or 3.5max gig of ram.
    However that is clearly not the problem
    The 0x00000024 stop error is usually as I said before a serious corruption of the NTFS file system.
    You need someone more qualified than me, at Recovery Console and possibly Hijack This. to produce a log which can be saved and posted which a more experienced helper than me can interpret.
    There are people on the site who have an indepth knowledge of error and fault codes.
    Turning to the back up of your data, which I still think is important or even vital, I would take out the Hard drive, slave it to another computer and then using one of the many image tools, back it up to a stand alone hard drive on that computer.
    Just before leaving, with apologies that I cannot help any further. I take it you have tried Last Known Good Configuration.
    All the best. I am sure someone else will come in.

13. sungodd

sungodd Thread Starter

Thank you for trying, it is appreciated.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/904188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice