1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Desktop enhancement

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by zoombini, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Wasn't sure where to post this - belongs under a 'desktop enhancement' forum. Im running WXP SP2 (desktop is classic view)

I have a toolbar sitting at the bottom right of the taskbar, giving me access to about 70 folders (which appear up the right hand side of the desktop). Problem is, they scroll way off the screen and I have to scroll to them using an extension arrow. Is there a way to decrease the font size of the folder names, so that all my folder names fit on the desktop.

This could be something really easy (like an XP tweak) but Ive looked everywhere.

Thanks

2. Arky

Arky

3. Lance1

Lance1

Right click and empty spot on the taskbar and select Properties \ Start Menu \ Customize \ Advanced. Under start menu item’s scroll close to the bottom and check the box Scroll Programs and see if that works for you.

Lance.

4. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Lance1,

Lost u a wee bit there. Tried what u said, but after clicking 'Advanced' option it takes u into an Explorer interface. Where is the box 'Scroll Programs?'

Arky,

Had a look at the toolbar. I like it, but it hogs a screen a little.

Thanks for the help

5. Lance1

Lance1

It should be there. Check this attachment.

Attached Files:

6. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Thanks for the clarification.

The confusion came about because I was using the classic start menu, and the option is not the same.

7. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Unfortunately, it didnt work though!

8. Lance1

Lance1

Is it a third party application you’re using? Or is it a Windows program?

9. zoombini

zoombini Thread Starter

Im just using XP Home with no third party utilities installed, although I did look at the taskbar suggested above.

What Ive done is:

Right click on taskbar to create new toolbar
    Then choose folder that I want on the taskbar
    From there, when I click on the folder on the taskbar the contains are displayed, but because I have so many folders I have to scroll to them using an extension arrow. Just wondered if there was a way round this?

I will try to post a screen shot if I get a chance.

Thanks.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!