1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP dies quietly (And painlessly)

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cumulo, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cumulo

cumulo Thread Starter

Hi

I'vw just bought a new PC (Athlon 3500+) running XP, The system when left dormant for any period (Sometime 20mins, sometime 3hrs or more) just becomes non-responsive leaving a re-boot the only option.

Upon re-boot everything is fine (No errors, scandisk etc).

Have I got something going on with my power management or can anyone suggest what may be happening?

Thanks in advance

CU

2. KHolloman

KHolloman

Are you receiving any errors? When you say "a reboot is the only option"

Is there an error telling you this, or is it just a freeze?

3. cumulo

cumulo Thread Starter

Thanks for reply!

No error messages, no nothing.... Having said that, for the first time its just hang up on me after 2 mins from rebooting. No error just completely unresponsive whilst looking at the desktop fresh from reboot. Other than the standard windows installation I've got Systemworks 2005 and ezAnivirus running plus NVidia software in syste tray. Thats the lot!

All ideas welcome one again

Thx

CU

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice