1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

XP Display Driver failure/Blue Screen/freeze

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by THePANdEM1C, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. THePANdEM1C

THePANdEM1C Thread Starter

Hi, so this problem has been plaguing me from both Windows 7 and XP, Though i'm running XP currently.
    As of right now, i have service pack 3 installed and all drivers updated minus my nvidia drivers. These include my display, chipset, and ethernet controller driver (i'm using the old nvidia ethernet controller driver right now)

I Have a
    Compaq Presario SR2020NX
    AMD Anthlon 64 Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE Graphics Card
    2gb of DDR2 RAM

Blue screens that i get currently (which i'm basing are from my old display driver are)
    Nvnrm.sys
    atapi.sys (got this one)
    and one with no diagnosis, just driver irq not less than or equal.

The nvnrm driver bluescreen generally only happens when i'm using my webcam for any reason, or doing anything which may require use of my graphics card i'm guessing. The problem is that if i try to install the package from the NVIDIA homepage, it updates and installs, only for my computer to freeze on bootup. If i hardboot it, it may run for some time, but then i get a driver_irq_not_less_than_or_equal blue screen because of
    nv4_mini.sys

I have tried a clean installing from wiping my old display driver but to no avail.

Preferably i would love a method in which i could fix this and go back to Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, though any fix would be appreciated.

If you need ANY more info, just post and i'll get back to it asap.

2. daonly1

daonly1

Why don't you install the drivers for the graphics card?
    You can get those from Nvidia's website.

Have you tried replacing the video card? Maybe the problems is that the card is overheating or is just messed up from overuse?

The atapi.sys problem.
    The process IDE/ATAPI Port Driver or Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller belongs to the software Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk Controller or Controller disco rigido IDE/ESDI standard or Microsoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft Corporation.

This looks like a problem with your harddisk.Why don't you run CHKDSK.

3. THePANdEM1C

I've tried installing the driver package from the site. If i do, it leads to me getting the
    nv4_mini.sys BSOD and constant freezing.

And the NVIDIA Geforce 6150LE Graphics card is an integrated card.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for the Compaq Presario Media Center SR2020NX desktop.

It has a PCI Express x16 slot for upgrading to a video card. Have you considered upgrading from integrated graphics to a video card - especially if you're wanting to use Windows 7?

That's what I did with my Compaq Presario desktop.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

5. THePANdEM1C

Personally i've had no troubles until now. And financially a new video card isnt in the budget. Is there any solution to this problem at all?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976722

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice