XP Display Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kylev96

Hi...I recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition on my Dell Dimension 2350 and have Windows installed fine however cannot get out of 800x600 display mode or 16-bit color mode. I have the standard monitor that came with the system...do I need to install the monitor? Is there a driver I need to install?

Appreciate the help.

Kyle

Hi,

Basically you need to install drivers for your computer, these will consist of chipset drivers and also display drivers. You can install the drivers you need for the motherboard at the manufacturers website and the display ones are the same.

Regards,
Nick.

kylev96

Thanks for the help.

Does it matter what order I install the drivers in? Do I need to install a Video Adapter? If I install the correct Chipset Driver and Display Driver I should be OK?

Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online