XP doesn't see slave hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Godzilha82

I just did a fresh re-install of XP and for some reason I'm having trouble with my second hard drive. Its already formatted and contains 2 partitions which were working fine before the re-install. I have the jumpers set correctly. In the disk management section of the device manager, the disk shows up as health (active) and online. It has not been assigned a letter and XP won't let me assign one. Before I re-installed the OS, I reformatted my C drive but I didn't reformat the slave drive. Any ideas?

Thanks
Trevor

HI, This happens quite often and I do not know the answer. On this computer it has happened twice, once when I bought it and all the shop could do was reformat the drive. The second time I did an install and the same thing happened and I also reformatted the drive.

Do a search as this question has come up umpteen times or if it does not matter reformat the drive and see if this helps. Sometimes PM is blamed. Peace Mal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online