XP error messages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

l_zero

When my computer starts up after a few seconds the screen turns blue and says "for any windows updates you might need, run the driver verifier against any new (or suspect) drivers" and it goes on like that. At the bottom it says Technical information:
Stop: 0x000000c5
(0x0000004, 0x0000002, 0x0000001, 0x8054AE34)
Then it says "beginning dump of physical memory, physical memory dump complete" "Contact your sysytem administrator or tech support group for further assistance"

After that I have to turn the computer off and back on again and it starts up fine but then pops up a little box saying the system has recovered from a serious error. It asks if I want to send the report to Microsoft. Once I close that everything works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It certainly sounds like a corrupt software driver issue.

Reload all your drivers (video card driver, motherboard drivers etc) as there is no clear indication which is corrupt.

l_zero

How do I do that? I really don't know very much about computers. Thank you for your help.

Can you give some history on the complaint?

Has it always done this?
If it started suddenly, had you loaded any software or applied any updates just prior to it?

l_zero

It started about a month ago. I haven't downloaded or installed anything recently, it just suddenly started doing this. It doesn't do it everytime. On average it does it about every other time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts